It was 30 degrees and snowing on Sunday and now it is April. I’m so confused but also incredibly excited for consistent warm weather. March has been an insane month and now that it is over I am one step closer to graduating college. What? Crazy. Here are some of the many things that have helped me over my academic and emotional hurdles in the month of March.
1. Venti Iced Skinny Caramel Macchiato – A couple of weeks ago it was 60 degrees and I almost immediately went to Starbucks and ordered this iced beverage. Then a few days later the temperature dropped and it was freezing again. But, it was too late. I had already made the iced coffee commitment. This drink will be my go-to Starbucks order until the end of the summer.
2. I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron – I read this book twice in the month of March. Twice. I have been a fan of Nora Ephron’s films for a while now, but it was only recently that I discovered her prose. There was a point where I watched When Harry Met Sally every day for about two weeks. Every line in that movie is pure gold and watching it, or just listening to it, puts me in a wonderful mood. Nora Ephron also wrote some of my other favorites; You’ve Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, This Is My Life. I think they are all amazing. So finally I read I Feel Bad About My Neck and obviously loved every line. Her writing is so smart, so funny, and so relatable even though she wrote this collection of essays in her 60’s and I am only 21. I would recommend this book to anyone, anywhere, anytime.
3. John Frieda Frizz Ease Beyond Smooth Frizz Immunity Primer – I have frizzy, curly hair. And to be honest, I still am not sure how to manage it. Sometimes I have good hair days and sometimes I have bad hair days. The common variable of my good hair days seems to be this product. I’m not really sure what it does for my hair specifically, but I know when I use it my hair looks less frizzy. *thumbs up emoji*
4. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Instanbul – Yay for spring and bright pink lip colors! This product is basically a lip gloss, lip stick, and a lip stain all in one. You can’t beat that.
5. L’Oreal Paris Studio Secrets Pro Extra Volume Collagen Hydra Collagen Plumping Mascara – My eyelashes are naturally super long. I have never used fake eyelashes and I probably never will. My long eyelashes are kind of hard to manage sometimes though because they clump really easily. I go through mascaras like it is my job. This L’Oreal mascara is my favorite one I’ve tried so far!
6. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge – I’m late to jump on the beauty blender bandwagon. And now that I caved, I understand the hype. My foundation blends perfectly using this sponge and I’m mad at myself for not getting one of these sooner.
7. Joni jeans – There are not a lot of Topshop locations in America yet, let alone in Maryland. Luckily, there is a location an hour away in Washington, D.C and I occasionally am able to make the trip. I have heard about Topshop’s jeans for a few months but haven’t been able to visit the store to try them on (I can’t buy jeans without trying them on because jeans are always weird on me). Anyways, I finally was able to try them on and they are amazing obviously. So stretchy and beautifully high-waisted. And on sale. Thank you Topshop for making amazing jeans.
8. Dr. Martens – These shoes have been sitting in my closet since Christmas because I have been scared to wear them. I saw them in my closet every day and really wanted to wear them, but I knew they would be a bitch to break in. Finally, I took the plunge and am really glad I did. They aren’t broken in yet, but they don’t hurt to wear and they look amazing on. Pair these with knee-high socks and a jersey dress and you are good to go.
9. Smile by Mikko Ekko – Yes, I first heard this song when watching the Paper Towns trailer. BUT it is an amazing song on its own. Not only does it perfectly capture the essence of the John Green novel, it perfectly captures the essence of me right now. Does that make sense? I’m about to graduate college and I have no idea what I want to do with my life and this song gets me.
10. Parks and Recreation – Am I the only person who watches shows on Netflix over and over and over again? Probably not. But I may be the only person who watches shows over and over again as much as I do. Every month I have a go-to show that is pretty much always on my television. This month it has been Parks and Recreation. It is such an easy show to watch I can put it on in the background when I’m working on homework or writing blog posts. But it is also the perfect show to put on when I’m in a bad mood and need a little pick me up. Thanks Parks and Rec, new episodes will be missed.
11. My cat – Shout out to Liz Lemon who is the cutest cat ever.
What things have you been loving this month?
Bye for now!